.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, March 14, 2004

It's the Little Things 

One of my friends has a saying that was made for me. I can entertain myself in a lint factory!

It's the little things in life that make me smile. If I don't run across them during the course of a day, I'll go looking for one.

Friday was a very long and tiring day. I was covering the Merritt Island/Cocoa Beach area and that means I won't get home until after 10:00pm. On days like that I try to treat myself to break up the time (as well as recharge my batteries). I'll either grab lunch and go out to Cocoa Beach, drive down the coast to my next store (rather than take the interstate) or, like Friday, I'll stop at Ron Jons Surf Shop.

I love that place - it makes me feel young! Oh, I'm not a surfer. I have enough trouble walking across a room barefooted most days. Me, stand on a board on top of the water - are you nuts! Anyway, just the atmosphere, music and watching the people. They are happy. They are going to the beach, and most of them don't get the luxury of doing that on a regular basis. It's a good place.

I only stayed about 30 mins, but that was just enough. I got back in the car, rolled down the windows and away I went - feeling happy and young, with Beach Boys music playing in my head! Surf On Dude!

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES