.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

My First official Rant 

You know what really burns my ass? Selfish, shallow people that tell you only what they think you want to hear and make promises they have no intention of keeping.

Argggggg.

With me - what you see is what you get. I say what I mean and mean what I say. I'm too old and too busy to play petty little games. And, I tend to hold people to those same standards. I take you at face value.

That is not to say I'm perfect - heck no. I forget things, make bad decisions (really bad decisions), but I also face up to the consequences. It's the right thing to do.

I realize that I leave myself open for disappointment - let's be honest, the world is full of players. But I choose not to be one, and I refuse to assume that everyone I meet is just a jerk in saints clothing.

However, it does lead to getting disappointed - often. And the silly thing is, every time it happens I'm surprised. It amazes me that people are so self centered and, in some instances, down right mean.

Being in sales and surrounded by sales people, there is a lot of "What About Me?". I don't mind that - hell, I understand it perfectly. BUT...sometimes we have to look outside our little world and consider someone else for a change.

So - Don't make promises you have no intention of keeping. Don't just say something to shut someone up or because you think it's what they want to hear. That's not nice.

**This while I'm still smoking - imagine!

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES