.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, March 18, 2004

WTF?? 

I'm venturing into the political venue this morning. Found this article regarding the cross country, unofficial debate between Kerry and VP Cheney yesterday. Here is an excerpt that caught my attention:

Kerry also said the administration has failed to give proper support to many U.S. troops in the field and their families at home. He proposed a "bill of rights" for military families, saying he would "fight for a constant standard of decency and respect for those who served their country in our armed forces, on active duty and as veterans."

This from the "man" (term used very loosely) that came back from Viet Nam and trashed the efforts and people that were putting their lives on the line?!? This from the "man" who couldn't stand up to the pressure of combat?

More:
Military families "have a right to competitive pay and quality housing, decent health care and dental care, quality education for their children, first-rate training, the best possible weaponry and state-of-the-art equipment," Kerry said.

I agree 100%. They do deserve our respect, good education, first rate weaponry, and more. How does he propose to do that when he keeps voting down the increase in military spending? Now, I'm the first to admit I don't understand all the details behind the military budgets, so if I'm mistaken in my train of thought please leave a comment and let me know. But in my mind this is yet another inconsistency from Kerry.

Retired Gen. Wesley Clark, until recently one of Kerry's rivals for the nomination, told reporters yesterday that Cheney's attack was "unwarranted and unjustified."

As a decorated Vietnam veteran and as a senator, Kerry has demonstrated "an ability to see the big picture, understand the issues, deal with them in a thoughtful way and make strong decisions," Clark said.


Damn, I thought this jerk went away a while ago. All I can say here is to consider the source.

Anyway - please go read the article. I just sat here shaking my head in disbelief.




|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES