.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 23, 2004

I'm BAAAAACK!!! 

Yipee! Home again. While it was wonderful being out in the woods and spending time with other people, I cannot tell you how nice it was to wake-up today in my own little world. It's been a while since I've done a lot of overnight travel and I forgot how nice the coming home part is.

It was a great week. Thursday was actually the hardest day of all. Even though we were in classroom settings, I found it to be the most challenging. You see - we had to open up and actually share. I'm ok with that via the blog, but am pretty paticular about that sort of thing in person, especially with people I work with. I really do believe in keeping business and personal separate.

However.....there wasn't really a choice on this. The company I work for believes in a way I've never seen, in the empowerment of the employee. Our CEO understands that better people make better employees. So - we learn to open up, we learn to trust.

The hardest part was at the end. We broke back into our teams and everyone had to take a 2 minute turn on the hot seat. During that time we had to sit and NOT SAY A WORD (how tough is that) and listen to people tell you positive impressions on who you are and how you impacted this week for them. Now I was in a pretty cynical group, lots of manly men and plenty of biting humor to go around. When it came my turn in the hot seat, one of the toughest guys around actually had tears in his eyes as he told me how much my support meant to him. Geez - was I blown away.

We also got a very strong and steady dose of the Company Kool Aid and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I do love the company I work with. There is a reason we were voted one of the top 100 companies to work for this year.

OK enough about that. I want to get a few things up here and have a couple of links to get done. So much happened while I was away. And....I'm gone again all of next week. Ahhh....the life of a blogging Road Warrior.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES