.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Well, I'm Off 

(in more ways than one, let me tell you). Actually, I'm on my way to Salesman's Bootcamp. It should be interesting, to say the least. 3 days of drinking the company kool aide, competing for "top dawg" and basically running around playing on ropes. :) Throw in the after hours beers and gab sessions - I think I've found my version of heaven.

However - they are forcing me onto a plane at 5:50am (yes, damnit that is in the morning) so they can only imagine what they are getting when I get off that plane.

I've decided to take advantage of the fact that I will be arriving 5 hours before everything get's kicked off. I'm goin' in my jammies. Yep - I have to figure there is no one between Tampa and Atlanta that I will see at that time of day that I need to impress. So, jammies it is.

When I was talking with my boss to confirm my flight times and travel arrangements he apologized that I have to leave that early and offered to have coffee waiting at the gate when I arrive. (he WAS kidding) If I remember his comment correctly it was something like....."I think it is in the best interest of the group if we have as much coffee available to you as possible. There is just something about you, competition and lack of coffee that concerns me." He's a very smart man, isn't he! That would be the kind of thinking that got him to the position of V.P.

You all have a wonderful couple of days. I'll check in as I can - if no connection available just think of all the stories I'll have this weekend.

Take care!

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES