.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 14, 2004

Hey, We Got A Hockey Team!! 

And we're in the Eastern Conf. Finals for the Stanley Cup. AND..we're ahead in the series (2-1) against the Flyers.

Whoda thunk! Now, you have to realize, being from Chicago I am a hockey fan. With all that's been going on, I haven't really said anything about the conference finals, plus I didn't want to jinx us.

But we are kickin' pretty well. Last night's game, after the pounding we took the other night, was sweet. Sweet.

When I first moved here in '96 I thought it was pretty funny that Tampa Bay Florida was trying to have a hockey team. I mean, for crying out loud - Football, I understood, baseball made sense - even basketball seemed a better fit than hockey. What were they thinkin'?

You know what - they were thinking about something just like what's going on right now. The 'Bolts could very well host the Stanley Cup this year. I'm still just amazed. Heck I'm still recovering from winning the SuperBowl.

So, anybody up in Phily. It seems like we are beginning to have a real cross-sport rivalry. Sorry 'bout your luck. :)

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES