.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 15, 2004

I Appreciate..... 

Today is Armed Forces Day. It's a day to say Thank You, We Love You and How Can We Help. I think we should do that everyday - but hey, that's just me.

I have always been a fan of our military and their families. For as long as I can remember every time I see someone in uniform, or hear they have previously served I've had the urge (and often acted upon it) to say Thank You. I've always been touched beyond words by the sacrifices of both our troops and their friends and families. I've never had a member of my family serve during my life, none of the friends I had growing up have been involved in the military - but that has never lessened my gratitude.

The men and women that serve are my heroes. They are my "stars". For the simple reason that they choose to serve. They stepped up and took an oath to protect ME, to preserve My freedoms, My liberties - no matter the sacrifices. Today I publicly step up and say THANK YOU.

The families and friends of those that serve deserve that same respect and gratitude. I often find myself wondering how difficult it must be for them. I know the struggles my mother faced raising 2 girls by herself. The husbands, wives, mothers and fathers of a soldier deal with those same issues daily - and add in the worry and fears, my heart is filled with awe. They are also heroes.

I just saw Toby Keith's video, An American Soldier. I get chocked up when I hear the song, the video brings me to tears every time. I can't help it.

Take today and show your appreciation. But don't limit it to just today. Our gratitude should not be limited to just a day, just an occasion, just an event. Their service and sacrifice is ongoing - 24/7, so should our support.

I struggle with my inability to express how very grateful I am in writing. Words seem to fail me. So I simply say - GOD BLESS YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.


|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES