.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

I Like It 

Well, since my incredibly insightful post on Teamwork disappeared this morning, I'll have to come up with something quick and helpful (and then try to recreate).

I'd like to share a really great site I've found for marketing and branding. I enjoy it very much and you might too! Plus, if you're interested in how the minds of us sales and marketing folks work it should be entertaining.

Branding Blog is David Young's brainchild and I never fail to find interesting tidbits that I can use in my work. Today, there is a rather thought provoking link to Wizard Academy that talks about the unusual.

The unusual is what drives progress. The unusual are those burrs under the saddle that drives change. Business would wither away without the unusual.

Think about it for a moment. I remember when we first brought out single serve Pure Premium OJ, 10oz size. We had the hardest time getting consumers to find the value. It was too far outside the norm. But we also knew that more and more breakfast was consumed "away from home" - in the car, at your desk. So we kept plugging away, looking for that "hook" that would suddenly cause the lightbulb to go over the general publics head. Well - it finally did and sales are out of this world, more and more companies are doing it, and more and more "flavors" are being offered.

This is just a small example as to how important thinking outside of the box really is. Plus - reading the article really got my mind churning. Hmmm - how far can I push things to achieve my goals and educate the public. I know I can be a pain in the ass, I just need to figure out how to make that work for me!

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES