.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

I'm Feeling Girly Today 

Today I want to celebrate being a woman. I realize most of the people who stop by and visit won't get that (you are guys, after all). I'm not going to pretend to speak for anyone other than myself.

I Love being a woman. I love the fact that if I want to run around in little denim shorts and a tank top I can. I really love that when I want to get all decked out and "put on the Ritz" I look good. I like turning heads, I enjoy the whistles and stuff. I even catch myself smiling when a trucker goes by and honks when I'm driving the corridor of hell. It makes me smile.

I used to be a model. Just runway, as I hate to have my picture taken. But it was fun, and I made pretty darn good money too. I basically worked the Fields and Carson's shows in Chicago and worked for most of the designers in South Bend. I got to wear all the best new stuff and prance around on stage. I didn't do a lot of commercials, since the main industry in my area was travel trailers, and they always want to make them look large and spacious. Picture a 6'2" red head standing in a trailer - head bent down and touching wall to wall. Not exactly the impression they want conveyed. :)

But I loved runway. It was fun. And you don't have to be "knockout" for that. You just have to be a ham. That's me! My friend used to be one of the Dior models back in the late '70s and even hooked me up with one of the larger agencies in NY. I realized as I sat in the agents office that it wasn't something I wanted to do with my life - so it never went any further, but it was sure an ego boast, let me tell you.

Buying clothes makes me smile. I love sexy little skirts and skimpy little tops. I enjoy jeans that make you look like a tall glass of water. I get a charge out of how sexy you can look in a conservative business suit. I relish those strappy sandal's that just finish the effect. Victoria Secret - my favorite place to shop. I Love Being A Woman. It rocks!

I like it when a man opens the door for me. I like getting flowers. I want to hear when I wear something you like. I'm not a feminist by any stretch of the imagination. Just a strong, independent woman that enjoys her femininity.

But don't mistake that for high maintenance. I'm not someone that checks her makeup all day. I put it on in the morning, check my lipstick now and again and forget about it. I'm not always checking my hair. I'm not looking in the mirror all the time. I don't take more than 25 mins in the morning to get ready. I don't cry when I break a nail and I don't tip toe around so my shoes don't get messed up.

The secret is - I don't do this stuff for anyone other than myself. I dress to please myself. If you like it, good for you. If not, look away. That's the real secret of being a woman. Liking who you are, the way you fit into yourself.

So, what's the purpose of saying all this? Nothing really. I'm just feeling girly today.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES