.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Saturday Question of the Day 

Every Saturday I'll try to come up with some "out there" question that just makes you stop and think about something not so important. Think of it as a mini vacation. If you have any ideas drop me a line and we'll throw it in here. Who knows, it might be fun.

OK - Here goes:

What is your favorite childhood tradition?

Mine is easy - Saturday mornings with my Dad. He fancied himself a bit of an inventor so Saturday mornings he and I would get in his old Ford truck and head off to the junk yard to see what treasures we could find. Honestly, I hated the junk yard, but I loved the conversations between my Dad and the other guys. Plus, just hearing what he thought he found and what he was going to do with it was priceless.

But that's not the best part of the tradition. After he paid for his finds we would stand at the truck talking with the owner. EVERY SATURDAY Dad would say "Well, we better get going, I need to take my favorite girl out for a beer." We'd get in that old truck and head to the A & W Rootbeer stand and order a couple dogs and beers. We'd sit and talk about all that happened that week and what we were going to do with the rest of the weekend. No radio, no cell phone, just us.

That is my favorite childhood tradition. What's yours?

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES