.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, May 28, 2004

STOP - for just one moment please 

It seems like everything is spinning out of control - and it's only 8:30 in the morning!! I just want to take 5 mins and rest. Just 5 - ok maybe 10, but that's because my computer is so slow!

Well folks, it's crunch time. The last weekend in May, and I've got to get moved. I've been venting here (thank you very much for listening) that it's just been, well let's say less than smooth. Actually - it's a royal cluster F**k. Honestly - it is.

I'm usually the most organized mover you've ever seen. I start packing at least 2 months ahead. I've got all the boxes labeled and stacked and by this time of the move, I'm sitting somewhere having coffee (cause I would have packed the coffee pot) and not worried about a thing.

With this being a corporate move it hasn't gone the way I would have done it. If you've been reading, you know I've known since March that I was moving and where. I found a great house and things looked to be on tract. THEN they said I wouldn't move. Then I would, then I wouldn't, then I would. Then they weren't sure where. I never told the new landlords about the indecision because I didn't want to take the chance of losing that house. (It's a hell of a deal) FINALLY - decision made. I faxed my relocation agreement to the plant and waited. And Waited. And Waited.

I got a call on Monday that I needed to refax the agreement. They couldn't find it. (Now, in their defense we are in the process of building a new plant so everything is in a temporary office and in a bit of confusion.) Problem is I had packed the paperwork and didn't know which house it was at. Find it - refax it. Approved. Thank goodness.

Now - I'm to be out of this house June 1st. Not gonna happen. Why? Good question. Because they haven't assigned a mover yet. That's right folks. No mover and it's Memorial Day Weekend.

Lucky for me, a friend of mine loaned me his truck last night. I could have used both the truck and the man, but beggars can't be choosers. (not like that! I need someone to help load the truck!). So today I'm going to drive a couple of loads of bigger, more precious boxes over and get them out of the way.

I WILL be talking to our relo department to get the mover situation taken care of. AND try and explain to the current management company what the heck is going on. They aren't real happy - to put it mildly.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't expect a lot of posting this weekend. To be honest, I hope you are all out enjoying the Memorial Weekend festivities. BBQ, spend time with friends and family - and most important REMEMBER. Remember what this holiday is all about. Remember those that have given all so that we can have our freedoms. Remember and say a word of thanks.

Have a WONDERFUL HOLIDAY y'all. I'll pop in late at night to see what's going on, but for the most part - I'll see you Tuesday!!

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES