.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

Is It True? 

Dear God I hope not.

Reuters is reporting that Private Keith Maupin has been shot by terrorists (I refuse to call them militants). Private Maupin was captured April 9th of this year when his fuel convoy was ambushed outside of Baghdad.

I had heard there were rumors earlier today that Corporal Hassoun had been killed, but those have not been shown to be true.

This is the first I've seen that they are claiming it is Private Maupin. Reuters released the story around 7:45est. Has anyone else seen anything on this?

Please please please let this be wrong. Please.

UPDATE 7:30am EST 6/29/04: Unfortunately I'm seeing a bit more about this on the mainstream media. Still awaiting confirmation that it was Private Maupin. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. What an incredibly difficult time this must be.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES