.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Some Things Shouldn't Change 

Jennifer Martinez gives food for thought again!

Below I have a post "Is It True?" where I'm looking for validation on the reports of Private Maupin. Jennifer reminds me that it's important to wait for the confirmation. She's right. We're all still waiting. And Praying.

Where my mind stays is with the family. Matt shares the story of how the town is rallying around the family and friends and pushing the press out. That's how it's supposed to be.

But again, my thoughts go back to the family. The waiting, the not knowing, the fear. The waiting. And I find I'm so angry AGAIN that the press is so insensitive and uncaring that they continue to hound, looking for a new angle, a better story.

I appreciate my freedom of free speech. I appreciate the freedom of the press. But what ever happened to human decency in these regards? Why is it so hard to remember to treat others as we would wish to be treated? How do these media types think they would feel if it were THEIR families being hounded? How would they like it if the lens were turned back on them?

I know so many others have written so much better than I about this. I just find that it hurts my heart to think of the way things have changed. I applaud the city of Batavia Ohio and how the residence there have pulled together. I pray for the Maupin's. I wait.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES