.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

TMI Zone, I'm Sure 

This is the first "house" I've lived in since the divorce. I had a thing about being on the 2nd floor for safety reasons. It was a big step when I moved to the townhouse, as it had a ground floor entry. BUT - it was at the end of the groupings so I still felt pretty safe.

This house is in a GREAT area, very secure and very quiet. The surrounding area is mostly orange groves, so this is a destination stop not just a cruise by. Add to that the fact that the houses on either side of me are rarely occupied and the pool and backyard are up against a nature preserve and I'm feeling a bit isolated (and cocky if the truth be known).

So.....I keep the blinds on the back of the house open at night. I enjoy watching the weather in the evenings and the sunrise in the mornings. Plus I have these hot air balloons that drift by of the morning and it's a great way to wake up.

I guess I should mention that in the privacy of my own home I'm not what you would consider modest. By any stretch of the imagination. Hell, I've lived alone for almost 9 years now and grew up in a household of women. I actually don't even think about it. Well, I didn't - I think that's going to have to change.

This morning I get up, make coffee and start up the old lap top. Check e-mails and begin the blogging process. All of a sudden I hear a racket outside. A loud racket. WTF?!?!?! So I jump up and run out to the family room to see what the heck is going on. It's 7:00 in the morning for cryin' out loud! Imagine my surprise when it's the pool guy. (I've been wondering when he comes out here.) Imagine his surprise that I'm standing there buck ass naked. Oops. It was kinda like those slap stick comedies - you know, where both parties stand there shocked, one starts screaming, the other starts screaming, etc. etc. etc.

Gee, I hope I didn't scare him off. I don't know what chemicals the pool needs.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES