.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

Ahmmm, Attention, Attention 

OK. Brace yourselves. This is a public service announcement from your friendly Road Warrior.

With this being the beginning of a holiday weekend I ask that you take the time for safety (I'm a safety girl - to quote one of my favorite movies).

It's the 4th of July. It's our Birthday. There are road trips, fireworks, picnics, and general fun to be had.

But please please please be careful.

Use common sense when using fireworks. I've been the unfortunate witness to some really horrendous accidents caused by carelessness and stupidity. Think people - this stuff BLOWS UP. 'nuff said.

DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE. I'm out here on the road, damnit. I don't want to have to worry that you might hurt yourself or someone else. I like the readers I have, I want you to come back often and share your witty comments. I don't want you hurt or worse or in prison (they really limit your internet access from what I understand). Plus, I don't relish the thought of dealing with a drunk driver while I'm out and about.

If you're on or near the water, again - common sense folks!! You can get a DUI on a boat too!! Not to mention accidents can happen. Please, be careful.

Me? This is the first 4th in 8 years I won't spend on the water. I'm working most of the weekend, but I'm going to have friends over and hope that I'm close enough to Disney to poach a peek at their fireworks.

So - Happy 4th of July weekend. Enjoy, have fun, celebrate the birthday of this great nation of ours. But please, be careful.

Like my Mother used to say "If I didn't love you, I wouldn't care what you do."

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES