.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Wish I Were There  

Can you imagine? Being in the court room as Saddam Hussein is formally read the charges against him. HERE is a brief accounting of how it went down.

This is the most telling line, to me any way:

Mr. Hussein's voice was weak and hoarse, the report said, and when he challenged the judge he jabbed his finger at him. Iraqi guards and new members of the new Iraqi government were among those watching, riveted by his appearance.


For just a second put yourself in the shoes of those guards and the new Iraqi government officials. Just imagine seeing the monster responsible for the hell that has been your life for as long as you can remember standing there, in court, being told he will be held accountable for his actions. Imagine the rage when he defied the judge, claimed it was all "theatrics".

I can't imagine. That's why I wish I had been there.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES