.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 02, 2004

I Say AMEN, Senator Miller, AMEN!! 

Senator Miller's speech last night was the best political speech I've heard in more years than I care to count.

Blackfive reminds me that Miller isn't just a Senator, he's a Marine. :) No wonder I like 'em!! (oh, and be sure and read the comments!)

Laughing Wolf reminds us that this speech goes to show just how upset Sen. Miller is with the Democratic Party and that it'll probably get UGLY now. This was truely more than just a speech in favor of George W. Bush. In this case, it was Senator Miller telling his party in no undercertain terms just exactly what he thinks.

Chap gives us a link to the transcript of the speech and points out that Miller let Chris Matthews have it in an interview afterwards. Damn, I missed that one. Chap's looking for the video, anyone seen it?

Teresa chimes in with what she heard. I like her idea. She listened to it on the radio, no distractions - just the meat of the message.

All in all - I LOVED IT. It reminded me abit of my Grandpa, the almost famous hell, fire & brimstone preacher. He put it out there, no candy coating. He's pissed and he don't care WHO knows it.

But I think what I loved the most is the fact that he focused on what, to me, needs to be hammered home again and again and again. Kerry's record in the Senate for the past 20 years. Here are just a couple of my favorite lines:

This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed
Forces?

U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?

Twenty years of votes can tell you much more about a man than twenty weeks
of campaign rhetoric.


He(George Bush) is not a slick talker but he is a straight shooter
and, where I come from, deeds mean a lot more than words.


Yeah, it was a good speech. It was a GREAT speech, and one that needed giving. Thank you Senator Miller.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES