.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, September 11, 2004

Remember 

Today is September 11th. It's a day to remember.

A day to remember those innocents that were taken from us, so violently, so horrifically. The lives that were stolen, wrenched away from all that loved them.

A day to remember those heroes who gave their lives trying to save the lives of those very innocents. Without a thought to themselves they put themselves in harms way - doing their duty, doing what they loved. Those that continue to put their lives on the line to keep this from happening again. To anyone, not just Us, but anyone.

A day to remember the grief that was awash across this country.

A day to remember the fear that gripped this nation.

Do you remember where you were? Do you remember the thoughts that were frozen in your mind?

I do. I remember the tears. I remember the prayers. I remember the sleepless nights wondering WHAT I could do to help. I remember trying to explain what happened and why to a terrified little girl who thought I would have all the answers.

I remember all to vividly. And I never want to feel that way again. We Must Not Forget, for in the forgetting we all but invite it to happen again.

God Bless those souls that were taken from us. God bless their families and friends on this day of remembrance.

God Bless America.

|


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My "Other" Family - Fizzen Sparks
ARCHIVES